Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
High Fever for a 13 month old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

High Fever for a 13 month old

For 5 days my son has had a fever. It was 102.9 on Tuesday. Wednesday we went to his pedi and nothing. Rotate Tylenol and Motrin. We did and nothing. On Friday he developed a huge knot under his right ear on the outside of his throat. They put him on antibiotics and it's Sunday and still nothing has changed. His fever has reduced down to 100.3 to 101. The knot still isn't going down. They did blood work but we won't know until tomorrow. Does anyone know what can cause this?
It sounds like he may have a lymph node enlarged from infection.   It is common for lymph nodes to swell and take some time to go back to normal.  There are so many infections that kids get and they tend to run higher fevers than adults.  It sounds like you have done all you can do by taking him to the doctor and running tests.  My kids both have had swollen nodes and fevers that lasted but it never turned out to be anything serious.   It is scary to wait and wonder.   I hope your son is feeling better soon!