Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
How arw you coping with your other kids???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How arw you coping with your other kids???

Im 13weeks and i have a todler who i cant keep up with. I feel like i have no energy. Im trying to stay as energetic as i can with him.

My biggest problem is im finding im giving in to his tantrums and he is living it.

Any advice????
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Try using reward charts… toddlers respond well to them even if they stick their own stickers etc to it… i cant offer anything in experience as im only on my second and im dealing with a jealous 9, almost 10year old :)
Blank
From 2-5yo I spank. One good open handed pop to the bum is like a reset button. Most of the time, time outs work but there are times when you need to lay down the law. If it's a crying fit I usually say cry babies go to their room and cry, walk them in by their hand and say you can come out when you're done crying. Screaming, hitting, and hysteria gets them a spanking. Everything else can be managed with a stern voice and time out.  when they come out I always ask ok why did you get sent to the corner so they have to say what rule they broke. Make a chart with your 5 most important rules anything more than 5 is too much.
Blank
^^ she's got the right idea  I agree withost of that. I also spank
Blank
Dont slap… i have never done it with my older daughter! Do the reward system! your feeding negitivity behavour with negtivity responses
Blank
Time out works also… i did it by age e.g. if they 2 years old then 2minutes on naughty step etc
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...