Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
How to stop a 15 month old SCREAMING tantrum
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How to stop a 15 month old SCREAMING tantrum

How can I stop my nearly 15 month old son from Screaming at the top of his lungs to the point, I leave the shops and went out to dinner with friends for the first time - and left early!

My little boy is an extremely happy baby and like his older sisters, has a huge vocabularly for his age (his younger sister had to have speech pathology at 2 because her vocab was equal to a 5 year old and she purely stuttered as the words were to big for her).

He can say:   What's that, Who is this?  No, Don't touch, Sissy's, Mum, Mummy, Mumma, Dad, Daddy, Dadda, Oh WOW, woooo WOOOOOO, yes, Ta, Peas (please), Poppy, Gig-gwar (a grandfathers name), Narnie (one of his grandmothers names), Nanny, Nan, Squishy (his baby cousins nickname), Cuppa tea, cheese, more, fishy, blue, red, car, look, here, where, all gone, good girls, good boy (as i am always saying that to him and his sisters) and much more.

I am beside myself.  I have done nothing different with him then I did for his sisters (now 8 and 10).  I spend heaps of time with him like I did them and hence why he is a fluent early talker.  I had the girls reading first readers and writing their own names and mum and dad by 3.  I am doing all the same things for him....but to scream blue murder in the shop I find very embarrassing and frustrating.  I have all the patience in the world for him and am teaching him heaps at home like i did the girls....but my age might be making the screaming less tolerable but I actually never copped it with the girls.

How can I stop him.  I don't believe in time out at this early stage.  He most certainly will know his place by 2.  Like his sisters he will be polite, well behaved and very well mannered little boy.  I need some help to learn what I can do to stop him squealling now though please.