Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
How to teach a 5 year old what is inappropriate touching?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How to teach a 5 year old what is inappropriate touching?

My 5 year old is very affectionate, but recently it has come to my attention that he has been "touching" his sister inappropriately.  He will go to her room when she is asleep and get in the bed with her.  While laying in bed with her he will feel her breasts and has touched her under her pjs.  I have asked why he has done this and he is unable to give me a clear answer.  Other than I was born like that.  I am very concerned and I have had several conversations with him about appropriate and inappropriate touching.  I just don't know what to do????
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
603946_tn?1333945439
anything that is in the bathing suit area is off limits- tell him that

Blank
535822_tn?1413656274
How old is his sister, if she is older than him ask her to tell him to get out of her bed, and not touch her,this is what you can address, tell him No to getting into anyone elses bed.He probably doesnt have an answer to why he did it, he simply liked it, you have done the correct thing in telling him it isnt appropiate, let it go but be aware, his feelings are normal.
Blank
I agree with margypops if the sister is older get her to also tell him to get of her bed. Maybe if she addresses it also he won't do it anymore
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank