Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
MMR Immunizations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

MMR Immunizations

My son is due for his first MMR immunization in Aug.  I'm not so sure what to do here.  He has had all his shots on schedule up to now.  Two of my sisters friends have boys who are autistic & it seemed to show up after they had the MMR vaccine. Now whether it was the vaccine or that the moms just really noticed things more--I'm not sure.  I've read that you should possibly wait till they are over two. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
I don't know what you should do for your child I can tell you what I have done for my four children.  I have 3 boys and 1 little girl (she's the baby) ages 9 7 4 2 and I have 2 step children (21 and 16) There are several different studies on vaccines and some will say safe some not.  I believe that the risk outways the benefit when you think it through.  It's amazing to think of how many children died from these disease back when.  The worst thing that ever happened to our children is that my 7 year old developed a case of Rhubella (sp?) He had a fever and the measle bumps.  Not horrible kinda similar to the Chicken Pox.  I would suggest that you look into it and do the research and make your decision based on your knowlege.  I've seen bad and good advice on these forums and I wouldn't take something this serious to "strangers" it's something that you should feel good about.  Good luck!!