Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
My 2 year old stopped sleeping through the night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

My 2 year old use to sleep through the night.  It was like clockwork, she would go to sleep at about 8pm then up between 6-8 am.  About 5 weeks ago she started waking up everynight, several times a night.  It startes at about 11pm, then nearly every hour after till 2 or 3am.  She whines and crys, yells out and makes a lot of noise.  It is hard to get any rest anymore.  I am worn out and having trouble with this.  How can I get it to stop.  I looked at night terrors but it happens more than once a night to her. Please help.
Has anything new happened in her life recently around the 5 weeks it started has she started Daycare or a new Baby sitter are you away from her more, anything that would make her feel insecure, this is probably a phase,How long does she nap during the day could it be a long time maybe she needs less, When you take her to bed read her some stories, and settle her down leave the room, if she is good at going to sleep and you know she is okay when she wakes in the night you could simply check all is well and she is not sick or had an accident, then tuck her in and quietly leave the room again, then you will have to plug your ears as she will yell,and whine to break it you will have to ignore it.,she will give up, it may take a few nights though as you have got into the Habit of going in. Good Luck its probably a moment in time.
my three year old daughter just started waking up numerous times throughout the night she gets up from her room and comes in our room no matter what i do she still wakes up.  a few weeks before this started she started throwing tantrums. i am lost as to what to do to help solve this new problem.      please help  mom of three and one year old