Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
My 3 Year old is Endlessly Thirsty!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

My 3 Year old is Endlessly Thirsty!

My 3 year old daughter is Endlessly thirsty. Over the last  month Ive noticed her drinking is unquenchable. shes always been a "drinker" Where she seems to be thirsty all the time and she only really wants to drink (since shes been drinking from cups, for about 8 months) Recently she will ask me over and over for drinks and no matter how many i give her she wants another one. and when i finaly tell her no more, she will cry and cry! it wont stop, until she gets more to drink. She is not having a sweet tooth, asking for juice or anything like that, she wants water too! A couple times now I have caught her now in the bathroom climbed up on the sink and drinking tap water strait out from the faucet! It worries me, why is she still so thirsty that she has to suck water from a sink. She is still eating, she is just unquenchably thirsty. Does any one know if this is normal? Or what Could be going on with her? Thankyou!
3babys,  never limit the amount of water your child can drink - it can be extremely dangerous.

She sounds like she may have diabetes.  Unchecked diabetes leads to dehydration - they drink so much because they pee so much,  and if you limit her drinking she will be depleting her body fluids in her organs.

Please get her to a doctor ASAP and don't limit her fluids until she's been seen.   I have heard of desperate children drinking out of toilets and fish tanks when they were denied the fluids they need.
Unquenchable thirst is, as RockRose said, a red flag for diabetes.  Even if she doesn't have any other symptoms that you can notice, I'd recommend bringing this issue to her doctor's attention and getting her checked out.

Best of luck!! :)
Thankyou for your respnces! Wow, yes i didnt think about it because that was the only symptom I could think of. But when I Googled it, it is the most prominent sign! and i see that she cant control this thirstiness. she has an appt at the Ped's office next week. Thanks!