Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
My 5 Year old daughter has started putting her hands in her pants, like...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My 5 Year old daughter has started putting her hands in her pants, like she's itchy

Hi folks,

My 5 year old daughter lives with her dad.  When she comes to visit we have great time. But in the last two weeks she has started to put her hands down the front of her pants, and kind of scratch.  I ask if she is itchy, but she says "no".  My concern is, why the sudden change?  This change occurred about the same time as he was reported to Child Protective Services (CPS) for a spanking he gave her, with bruises that lasted a week and a half.  I've taken pictures and have gotten an attorney.  He has alienated me from her life for years despite continued efforts to have contact!  His other daughters have said they are very concerned for her safety because he singles her out.  They all get screamed at daily, but she gets it worse. At least that is what they told the CPS worker. Could this sudden change reveal he is sexually abusing her?  He is not taking care of her physical needs, ie clothing too small etc, not addressing her bladder infection, cavity not taken care of, etc.  He is verbally abusive to her daily!  And she gets spankings regularly.  I'm trying to get her out of there?  Any thoughts on sexual abuse, or is this sudden change normal?  I'm very concerned for her safety, and love her with all my heart!  She is how I know God loves me, because he gave me her!  What a blessing!

Very concerned and would appreciate your feedback!  I am trying evreything I can to get her back!
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3110545_tn?1343312248
best case scenario she has an infection or maybe tinea ( which is a parasite ) and that can be caused by lack of cleanliness
worse case scenario she was sexually abused
get her checked ASAP
Blank
Thank you! It will happen this week!  I appreciate your feedback!  Thanks so much!
Blank
Hi hero56,

She has also recently begun to "suck things".  Like she sucked my 15 year olds son's nose at the pool yesterday.  And has sucked my arm, leg, neck, etc.  It started with a "hickey" to herself. This also started about 2-3 weeks ago.  Do you think this is related?
Blank
3110545_tn?1343312248
i don't think the sucking is related but i still think a physician should examine her ...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...