Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
My four yyear old will hardly eat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

My four yyear old will hardly eat

My four year old son will not eat much at all. He has only gained 3 lbs in the past year. He is 39 inches tall and weighs 34 lbs. At three years he was 37 inches and and weighed 31 lbs.  He keeps losing ground as he was born at 9lbs9oz and 22 ins.
All he will eat is Milupa about 13 tlbs for breakfast and then maybe a piece of bread with peanut butter for lunch and nothing for supper unless it is kraft dinner. He goes to preschool 4 mornings a week and comes down with every cold or flu that is going around. He spits out his supper if it is anything but mac and cheese. Another critical issue is that his 2.5 yr old sister is copying him; refusing to eat, leaving the table, etc. If I make my son eat the food he will gag and vomit. He has been tested for iron deficiency and his levels were good thanks to the milupa. He will drink as much milk or juice as I allow but I limit those in order to get him to the really hungry stage. I tried taking supper away after an hour and saying that supper time is over and that he would get nothing till morning but even then he does not really care as he never seems to get hungry.
Please help
my daughter goes on  binges.,  2 days, she'll hardly eat and then the next, she will eat all day long. her pediatrician says she is fine and when the child is hungry, they will eat. maybe u should take him to the dr. but personaly, i think he is just being a kid...