Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
My preschooler mimic other small kids

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

My preschooler mimic other small kids

My 4 yr son started lately to mimic other kids, especially smaller than them; typically 3 yr old kids.
I feel really annoying when I see him doing that, he mimic everything, I feel that his brain is stopped and just follow the other kid.

I need an advice what to do, I want to raise him an independent child who can lead/
If you think this is a problem or issue, see his doctor and ask about it.  Otherwise, let it go by.  Sometimes kids go through phases where they do things (like repeat words or phrases over and over) and then grow out of it.  Don't start worrying that someone so young is going to fail to be a leader when he is an adult, based on him mimicking other kids at 4.
Thanks for your advice, I believe you are right Annie, but you know every phase like this problem, you feel the responsible and want your child to be the best.
my son is 22 months old and have been suffering from cough/cold for 8 days. Doctor prescribe Tminic or Maxtra syrup and have been taking the same . But not yet recovered and still having cough / cold.  Should I give him  antibiotic ? c