Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
My son's left eye constantly blinks, can you help me?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My son's left eye constantly blinks, can you help me?

My 3 yr. old son's left eye constantly blinks, this happened after he was punched by another 3 yr old toddler punched his left eye. We brought him to the pediatrician but the pediatrician forwarded us to a pedia-opthalmologist. the doctor didn't see any substance inside the eye, the eye is clean. he just gave us an antibiotic drops but my son's left eye still blinks after a week now. what could have been the cause of this and can you help me because my wife and I barely get enough sleep or work normally because we kept on thinking about our son's situaton.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1047073_tn?1264674012
Hi ya, I'm not a doc. and I glad you took him to the doc. To me it sounds like it could maybe be a nerve that got damaged OR the nerve could be suffering from a bit of shock "it I can put it that way"..It might take a bit of time for the nerve to settle down or it could be a permanent thing.  I suppose it's all about where the other child hit him on the eye...
But hey like I said I not a doc.  But to me it sounds like a nerve got damaged or the nerve is now pinching on the inside of the eye
Best to take your child to another doc to have me checked propper.
I believe you never play around when it comes to the eyes and the ears...
Blank
yeah that 's what we thought of, but i hope not. nerve damage is something severe already. we are planning to have our son checked from another doctor. but thanks for your response anyway, we will consider that idea as well.

**for some who knows this kind of issue of to those who has some tips on this
please help me. post your comments here.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...