Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Night Time Regression in Potty Training

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Night Time Regression in Potty Training

My daughter turned 4 in July and has been potty trained since about a month before her 3rd birthday.  She has never really had accidents unless she's waited too long because she was playing and only ever peed the bed when she was really sick and in deep sleep but for the last week she has peed her bed every single night.  She went away to her grandparents' house for the weekend with her father and then came back and started to pee at night.  When I ask her what is wrong she says she doesn't know and my biggest fear is that someone or something is hurting her and she's afraid to tell.  I don't know why I feel this way, but I just do and it is scaring me to death.  She spends so much time away from me whether it's when she's at her father's for the weekend or when she is at school and is around so many people I don't know that I am truly afraid of what might be going on.  I am not usually this kind of parent, in fact, I am a teacher and am pretty laid back about most things, but for some reason I have a gut feeling that something is really wrong here.  What could be causing this and how do I fix it?  
Given the seriousness of your concern, I would ask a children's therapist how to ask your daughter if something happened.