Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Over eater Compulsive stealing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Over eater Compulsive stealing

My 4 years old will eat anything put in front of her if anyone offers her food dhe will accept it even if she hardly knows them like at family functions with new people, but latley she has been stealing she will get up extra early and hunt through the house looking for sugar the other day she ate a whole box of valentines chocolate cookies and a bag of cheez its and was going to get more when we heard her and woke up I don't know what to do Ive tried locking everything up but she always finds something todat she ate a whole pack of Gum like they were gummys
kid proof your kitchen and don't let her see you open it because at her age she learns fast! good luck!
Google Prader Willi syndrome.  It's a long shot but toddlers with excessive over eating and odd food seeking behavior is the number one symptom.  good luck
Have you asked her if she is hungry? How does she eat during her daily meals, and/or at daycare? Is she growing and gaining wright normally? The things you listed are all candy/junk food so maybe just hiding the treats is necessary. I would try to only have healthy choices within her reach, start keeping a food log and make a doctor's appointment (the food log to be proactive since I might guess a doctor would ask you to do that as a first step). I would also tell my family that I'm concerned about her eating and therefore, ask them not to offer food to her outside of mealtimes.
She sounds like classic PWS right out of a text book..  The eating/foraging aspect of PWS begins right around her age.  

What other symptoms does she have?

LOCK ALL FOOD SOURCES!  including garbage cans.  Teach her to eat vegetables and low or no calorie foods.  

Join the national PWSA association and they will help you find your local PWS chapter.  This syndrome has some pretty bizarre food seeking behaviors.  Only another parent can really tell you the eating stories, and there are many.  You cannot even begin to imagine how clever these people with PWS can be when it comes to foraging for food.  I have heard heartbreaking stories that boggle your mind as to the lengths a person with PWS will go to obtain food.  They are BRILLIANT at getting food.  They live, eat, breathe, think food 24/7.  They never sense satiety (always hungry no matter what they eat) so no matter how much they eat they can never be full.  PWS is very difficult to work with.  You HAVE TO connect yourself with other PWS families or you will never succeed.