Potty Training
My almost, 3 yr. old son is being lazy and will not use his potty. Can you please give me some advice?
Is it really that he's being lazy or could it be possible that he's simply not ready?  My oldest son was 2.5 and was showing signs of readiness (ie. pulling off his diaper when he was wet or dirty).  We waited to try to seriously train him - putting him on the potty at regular intervals to get him to go - until he was a( showing these signs of readiness and b) when we had the time and energy to devote to training him (my husband and I shared a week off of work and worked with him).  

Bribes and reward systems didn't provide extra incentive to our son, but that's something you could try, if you haven't already.  We gave our son stickers for no. 1's and dinky cars for no. 2's in the beginning, but quickly realized that he wasn't dependent on the treats.  

Our son was fully trained, having very few accidents, in 2 weeks!  I truly believe that he picked it up so quickly because we waited for him to be ready - these things tend to happen on the child's schedule as much as it may conflict with ours' as parents!!

Good luck :)
My three year old was ready but for some reason didn't want to either. Finally after trying everything I read about and having none of it work, I just stop putting diapers on him. He just wore shorts. After having pee run down his legs two or three times he ran to me screaming potty and we made it to the potty in time. I still put him in diapers at night for a while. He has now been completely potty trained for about 5 months. I just had to make it his decision to use the potty.