Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Potty help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Potty help

My son is 4 years old and I still have problems with potty time, there is no problem with number 1, but there is no way that he goes to potty for number 2, he stills asks for a diaper to do number 2 and he hides behind the bedroom curtain or wherever he can hide if he is not at home, I have talked to him telling that mom and dad goes to the potty for number 2 and he can do that too, and there is no way, for two times I told him that there is no diaper and that he has to use the potty, and I have not done that anymore because he holded it for almost the hole day and that is not good either, he starts school in a few months and I can't get him to use the potty for number 2, what can I do? Please help?
what about rewardn him 4 poopn in the toilet.  if he really liks somethin lik hot wheels buy some & put them n a basket on the back of toliet & when or if he poops let him pick 1 out. let him know that he only gets 1 when he poops n toliet.  i hope i hav helpd.                      now if i can get my 5 year old 2 wipe his butt,lol.