Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Potty help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Potty help

My daughter has been using her potty since she was about 20 months. she is 26 months now and wears a diaper when we go out or during nap time or bedtime. The problem we are having is she has eczema on her bum really bad so since she was diagnosed with it she has pretty much run around naked from the waistt down cause the dr said it would help it. So when a daper, undies, or just a pair of pants are put on her she will pee in them and not use her potty. The dr wont help us because he says she is too young still but she is extremely smart. Has anyone had this issue and or no how to solve this issue. Every now and again she will use the potty when we are in public but not very often. She has no fear of the potty goes with my whenever I go and gets rewards for going along with lots of praise so I dont know what else I can do.
My dd has been trained since 20 months old also.  We just put her straight into panties and threw out the diapers. (except she wears pull-ups at night).  It took four days of constant supervision.  Everytime she would start to go we ran her into bathroom and had her finish on the potty.  This really only works if you can be at home w/her the full three days.  But, doing it all in three to four days is nice.  Since she already has the general idea, it really shouldn't take too long.  As for the eczema, both my dd's have it.  During the day I just keep Aveeno on the eldest's bum.  At night I do a very thick layer of balmex.  And if her eczema is getting really bad I will go in during the middle of the night and change her pull-up.  You probably know this already but, don't use any soaps with dye in them.  Dove unscented clear is a good one.  Also, in bath wash her hair last so she doesn't sit too long in the shampoo suds. (or try showers)  Clear laundry soaps are good too for their sensitive skin.