Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Preschool Behavior Problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Preschool Behavior Problems

I have a 4-year old in a private preschool program.  Although discipline and classroom order has been enforced for 19 of 20 students, 1 student has exhibited persistently poor behavior for the first 4 months of school which has not been addressed according to stated classroom policies.  The child is quite bright, and seems to suffer no obvious disability.

I feel that my son and the other 18 children are falling victim to the tyranny of one student, and are learning an early and unfortunate lesson that although they are held to account, poor behavior does not always come with consequences.

The director and teacher seem unable and unwilling to address this problem in any systematic way. While they work directly with the child to help socialize her, I believe this attention comes at the expense of the other 19.  How can I express my concerns to preschool staff without seeming insensitive to this child's issues?
I am a classroom teacher and if you child were in my class I would like to know your concerns. One way to confirm your worries is to ask to observe the class. This would give you a good idea as to what takes place. I would then recommend that you schedule a conference with the teacher to ask questions about your child's learning. (You may not find the need to do this after the observation.) It would be highly unprofessional for anyone to speak about a child that your are not the guardian of so you may want to write down constructive questions ahead of time. I am sure that these teachers are aware of the challenges that all types of  students bring to the classroom and that they are doing their best to address them.
I am a nursing student and single parent,with a 2yr old.My daughter has problems expressing herself,she says no all the times ,basically that's the only word she knows and mama only.I am very concerned because when she is mad she kicks me ,scratch me and cries a lot,and this wears me off.and she does not like to socialize with other kids when  I'm around