Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Putting things in a vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Putting things in a vagina

Today, I caught my daughter of 26 months old putting a plastic spoon inside her vagina.  She had pyjama pants on and she put her hand with a spoon inside her pants.  I asked her why she did that and she told me that she just wanted to.  Four months ago i saw her attempting to insert a hose pipe in her vagina, when i asked her where she has seen that, she told me that a boy at her play school put a finger on her.  I asked the teacher at the time and she told me that the boy in question had not started potty training and therefore it was impossible that the incident could have happened.  The teacher told me that in any case they seperate the boys and girls in the toilet.  I really tried to put that first incident behind me but this one really freaked me out because she really went out of her way to reach her vagina(Putting her hand inside her pants as opposed to being naked).  I know this sounds bad but I do not even want my husband to bathe her now.  What do i DO?
I wouldnt punish your husband unless you think he is responsible.  If you do think he is responsible then you should re-evaluate your marriage.  If your daughter said it was a bot at school then it still might be.  I mean how does the teacher know it didnt happen elsewhere in the classroom?  Is there an adult for every child?  Highly unlikely.  Anyways I have read that some touching of ones self is normal to an extent (my 3 1/2yr old plays with himself constantly) Just teach her its a no no and possibly talk to her dr.
If you can rule out indecency of any kind. Then I'd say don'T worry. My 32 month old daughter is rather interested in her bits at the moment. If i catch her trying to poke herself with something i tell her "careful, that will hurt!"
My husband has threatened me with legal action if i ever 'accuse' him of molesting our daughter.  It's pretty hectic and I am taking my daughter to a clinical psychologist to try and assist as my daughter does not want to talk about the incident.  I was never abused(fortunately) so I can't bboue accused of being over-cautious or trying to relive my 'bad experience'.  We are told to always listten to our gut feel.  I would rather be wrong suspecting him than ignoring what my daughter could be going through.  I will also speak to the school and thanks for the comments.
Your comment "My husband has threatened me with legal action if I ever accuse him of molesting our daughter" - Why in the world would he think that unless there is something going on. That comment really struck me as odd. I was sexually molested for 11 years as a child and if someone said this to me it would be a red flag. I would keep going to the clinical psychologist and you need to bathe her from now on, she is getting older now and he should not be bathing her anymore anyway. If possible do it when he is not home.