Scared all of a sudden
I have a 2 1/2 year old nephew who has lost his Mom (My Sister), My Mom and just recently my Father. He began saying he was scared all the time. Even when doing activities he has done multiple times before. It has only been going on since 7/21 or so. He also without being told where his Papa was and what happened told my Father's girlfriend of close to 15 years that Papa wasn't going to talk to him anymore...I don't know where he has gotten the phrase from. Should I worry and at what point?

Thank you in advance.
To lose a parent at 2 1/2 years old would be earth shattering for him.  I can't even imagine.  And if his grandfather played an important role in his life as well, I have no doubt that his too has created insecurity.  Really, it's not any surprise at all he is feeling scared.  What is probably going on is that he is feeling insecure and only being 2, doesn't have the words to properly express it, so scared is the word he is using.  As for other phrases, kids pick things up everywhere at this age (my son is the same age).  He must know his grandpa is not around right now, and I have no doubt has probably overheard from someone that he passed on.  Again, he is probably putting it into language he can understand better.  Poor little guy.

If this were me, I would be treading very carefully here.  He needs a permanent home and a lot of love, attention and nurturing.  Consistency I would think would be very very important.  I would probably consult a professional to help me help me.

I wish you all the best, and I am so sorry for the loss of your sister and father.