Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Scared something seriously wrong with my 3 year old...HELP please!~

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Hi, hoping someone may be able to help. We are booking an appointment for my daughter but just looking for some info and perhaps some reassurance in the meantime.  September 11th my daughter fell off the kitchen cupboard backwards, flipped over and landed on her forhead really hard.  Her forehead swelled immediately really badly so we called an ambulance.  They took her to the hospital and observed her but send her home because other then the horrible swelling she wasn't showing any signs of a concussion. She didn't lose consciousness, no headaches, pupils were fine.  Anyway swelling and terrible bruising accompanied it and lasted for probably almost a month.  Lately she's been complaining about a popping in her ear when she lays down to the point that she won't sleep in her room alone, i'm currently sleeping with her in her bed every night.  The last coulple of nights she has been blinking accessively.  She'll sit there and continuously blink her eyes hard and fast. It's really stressing me out and i'm worried that she did some permanent damage when she fell.  Do you think it would take over two months to show symptoms of damage she did? do you think it's all related?? I'm just so scared and feel that if they had done a CT scan or xray the night she was taken to the hospital they would have caught whatever it is,if it's related. Anyone have any ideas? I'm driving myself crazy with worry :(
Have you sought a second opinion, additional medical attention?  I definitely think that that's warranted, given that it doesn't sound as though anything other than a "superficial" (for lack of a better word) exam was done in the ER and she's presenting with these symptoms now.  

For what it's worth, I'd be concerned too, if I were in your shoes.  I highly recommend seeing your primary care physician.

All the best....it can't be easy to be going through this!
Thanks..we saw our family doctor and she seems to thing its a behavioral issue that is quite common in children when they are under going big changes.  She hasn't mentioned the ear noise anymore since I've been sleeping with her at night...still has episodes of blinking though which is really scaring me.  I'm afraid its a seizure or she's taking mild strokes..I have heard of that happening before...just don't know what to do now :( So horrible to watch.  Does anyone else have any suggestions/ideas?