Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Sleep

My wife and I have 5 year old twin girls, and we have noticed that one of them has a really hard time going to sleep. We start bedtime at 8:00pm and sometimes it's 9:30, 10:00 before she actually goes to sleep. It gets frustrating because we know the morning will be hard, and her day at pre-school will be even more difficult. I've been reading about how kids have these anxious feelings and that makes it harder for them to give in to sleep. Anyone who has any insight let me know
Have you tried music at night while they are sleeping.  My son loves to listen to music and it seems to have a calming effect on him.  Also a bath might help calm her down right before bed.  I also find that my son when he is scared or feeling anxious at night responds really well to a stuffed animal.  We make it fun too and we give it hugs and kisses and tell him now he can have hugs and kisses from mommy and daddy all night long with him.  He Loves it and it really seems to calm him down.  Hope any of this helps you and your little one.  It is so frustrating when they don't get enough sleep because it always makes the next day hard.  Good luck to you.

Kaylee55