Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Strange Behavior

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Strange Behavior

My son is 3 years old.  Lately, he has been afraid of things he has never been of before.  My mother has a microwave that talks, he screams and cries with his hands over his ears when that is heard and will not be consoled until it is off.  We have try to show the origin of the voice, but this does not help.  We have an external answering machine, same reaction.  What has really gotten me concerned is just yesterday he had the same reaction to one of his toys that speaks also.  He has played with this toy numerous times and never this reaction until yesterday.  The last straw was today! I was at my friend's and she has a 2 year old daughter, I ask my husband to bring our son over to the house.  When he walked in I heard them, but I was in the other part of the house so I yelled "Hi!" he recognized my voice and responded "Hi Mommy" (he was still at the front door with his dad).  So this excitement causes the two year old to run to the door...my son lost it! He began to cry and scream, and there was nothing I could do to calm him.  He acted as if he saw a terrible monster...but it was only a little girl less than 2ft.  I am so confused about this behavior?  I don't know if this is normal for his age?! Please give me some advice/suggestions!.  Thx
My son is 2 years old & has been getting frightened recently too. We recently moved in to my dad's house about 2 months ago. When he is left in our bedroom alone whether it's nap time or bed time, he will scream at the top of his lungs then yell over & over again....mommy I'm scared mommy I'm scared. Right now I've just been trying to stay in the room with him when he goes for a nap or to bed at night. I'm not sure exactly how to tell you to handle this but I can try. Maybe he just doesn't like loud things right now like sensitivity but as far as being scared of someone his age I'm not sure. I would talk to his pediatrician & see what they say.
Has he had a recent Strep infection? Look into to PANDAS information online.
my daughter used to be fearless, she would watch scary movies and walk in the dark.ever since my sister scared her one time thinking she was funny while we were watching a scary movie, she is now scared of them.maybe someone scared your child while he was doing something he always did before.by the way my daughter is 2.
I am clueless as well my almost three year old has recently been scared for me to leave her at home... We live with my mother step father and two much younger sisters who r 15 and 12... She is scared to take a bath which she btw loves... She won't let anyone dress her... She freaks out over little things.... When we go to the store and she sees us coming home she screams I dnt wanna go home... She acts scared to dealth... I am lost what has happened to my normally happy little girl... As a single mother I jus want to break down and cry but I can't quit my job I need the income but I want my happy kid back...'plz any advise u can give....