Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
THIS IS ABOUT MY 7 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

THIS IS ABOUT MY 7 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER

Well i just had a baby girl 7 months ago shes 7mnths lol but she isnt focusing right like i took her to the doc and they said it was mastagmis oor however you spell that and that she would grow out of it well it doesnt look like her sight is getting any better everyone keeps saying kelly i think shes blind you need to take her to the doctor and i tell them everyday i have taken her 4 times and they say the same thing she can ony focus like a ver very very tiny bit  and its killling me bc i see all these other babies get eye contact with there mothers and fathers yano i just really want to know what to do about this and how i should handle it, or what this could e besides the mastagmis or whatever that word is.... ANYONE PLEASE
Nystagmus is the word you are trying to use.
Are you taking her to an general practitioner or an actual eye doctor? I would try and book her in to see an eye doctor. They will know more and you can get a second opinion on it.
A mothers instinct is usually pretty accurate and if you aren't happy with what you've heard so far then keep pushing!
I agree with Heather - and wonder if you've taken her to a pediatric opthamologist,  or your pediatrician for general well-checkups where her lack of eye focus comes up during a well check.

I had a son with nystagmus,  and he looked like what people call 'cross-eyed'.  He did grow out of it.

But I agree that mother's instinct is usually right.  On the other hand,  when you say "everyone" says they think she's blind, do you really mean one or two people continue to insist that?
Oops,  I forgot to add -

Just test her for vision yourself.  To find out whether she's completely blind,  just test her!  Without making much noise,  show her something that will clearly startle her - a huge ugly stuffed animal,  a bright red balloon,  etc.,  and see if she looks at it and communicates that she's surprised to see it.

You won't be able to test her focus but you will know for sure whether she can see or not!
thank you guys so much i mean i know she isnt blind my fiance tested that himself so i know she isnt and i took her to the eye doc and they said it was that nystagmus i mean ive never had this happen yano how old are they suppost to be when they start crawlin and all that
Kelz, your first post made it sound like you and everyone else thought she was probably blind. I'm glad you already realized she isn't.  

It sounds like you could use a book like The First Twelve Months of Life by Caplan (you could find it in any library or used book store) or some other book or website.  This book has very clear milestones that you should expect to see,  and when they should happen and how to understand them.

You can also google things like "when do babies crawl",  "when do babies say their first word",  etc,  to get a basic idea of development.  

It sounds like you also could benefit from having friends who also have babies.  Large churches and birthing centers and children's museums often host baby play groups or moms groups that can get you connected.  
thank you(: i meanim not a firdt time mom i have  a 3 year old and i mena he was so much different than her and i honestly dont remember when he started walking and crawling and everythi ng yano
i have another question she is wheezing very bad like everytime she breaths it like cracks yano what i mean i want to clear her throat for her how can i do this i tried the sereng thing and it didnt work any thing else i can do please answer asap please thanks