Terrible two's or something else?
My daughter will be turning 3 in July and i have some concerns. She has always been full of energy, from the age of one she would refuse to nap during the day and sleeping at night has always been difficult. She can be very aggressive sometimes and often when she throws a tantrum she throws herself about not caring about hurting herself. It can be very distressing to see but i know touching her or talking to her makes it worse. She is so strong so when i try to pick her up of move her away from harm she forces herself away from me, she has bruised, bitten and scratched me before.  I don't know if i am doing something wrong but i am always calm and patient with her. She is reaching her milestones but i don't understand why at nearly 3 she is still not sleeping through the night, she has a routine and i bath her every night to settle her. The worst tantrums are usually in the small hours of the morning and can sometimes go on for over an hour, when she gets past them she is a totally different child, she is so loving and wants to be cuddled while she goes back to sleep. I don't know if this is just a phase and it will pass or if i should take her to see the doctor. I am so exhausted after 3 years of sleepless nights and i am terrified if i do take her to the doctor there could be something wrong with her.
I believe tantrums are normal- even to the point where they are hurting themselves. I've heard of a lot of children hitting there head on the floor and such.

My son has mornings where he will wake up absolutely miserable. Sounds the same- he will cry and scream for what seems like no apparent reason for quite a while. I don't always know what the problem is but I chalk it up to that he may not feel well or something and just can't tell me. (He is 2 1/2)

If you are really concerned then you could speak with a doc but I would say as long as she's really not hurting herself then let her ride the tantrum out.
I always put my son in his room and tell him he can come out when he calms down.