Throwing up and diarreah
My son is 5 years old and for the past 6 months or so, he has been waking up in the middle of the night throwing up multiple times, along with diarreah. I've taken him to his ped. and they did some tests and thought it was just a "bug" It has gotten worse the last few nights. At first i thought it could be IBS? I called his doctor again and they put him on Prilosec, if it continues then they'd like to do more tests. But his diarreah is uncontrotable now. He had an accident in his pants twice in 1 day. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced any of this?!? It's such a scary thing!
My son has had diarrhea/loose stools since I stopped breastfeeding in June (he is now 19 months old). Most mornings he wakes up with a huge diaper full of soft stools... not normal. Plus it used to have a very distinctive atrocious smell, it's better now that we have increased his meat intake.

His pediatrician has run a bunch of exams, so far nothing except a small deficiency in carnitine, an amino acid found in meat (which is why we added meat). He was also tested for several parasites: negative as well.

We have an appointment in January with a gastro doctor, I would recommend you go see a specialist as well! Prilosec is probably not the key to your son's problem.
Has he been tested for Chrons/Coltis, or ciliac disease?  All of those sound likely to me.