Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Thumb sucking and rash?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thumb sucking and rash?

My 1 1/2 year old has been sucking her thumb basically since she was born. As of today, the thumb she ***** is slightly swollen and is raw and red with some slight bumps to it where the redness ends. I've wrapped it up for the night and put a little antibiotic ointment on it under the dressing to try and heal whatever it is (I'm really hoping its just dry from weather change and her sucking it) but I'm wondering if its something more that might need a call in to the pediatricians office in order to have it checked. Has anyone else experienced this? She doesn't say it hurts and until we pointed it out she only knew her thumb when she was sucking it so I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas or tips would be very appreciated.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Its probably just raw from the sucking. If it gets worse then call the dr... your doing the right thing... :-) just fyi the longer she ***** on her thumb her teeth and pallet and possibly jaw line could form differently.
Always trust your motherly instinct hope this helps♥
Blank
****** my phone blows... lol
Blank
S u c k s the site is making it stars....
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...