Thumb sucking and rash?
My 1 1/2 year old has been sucking her thumb basically since she was born. As of today, the thumb she ***** is slightly swollen and is raw and red with some slight bumps to it where the redness ends. I've wrapped it up for the night and put a little antibiotic ointment on it under the dressing to try and heal whatever it is (I'm really hoping its just dry from weather change and her sucking it) but I'm wondering if its something more that might need a call in to the pediatricians office in order to have it checked. Has anyone else experienced this? She doesn't say it hurts and until we pointed it out she only knew her thumb when she was sucking it so I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas or tips would be very appreciated.
Its probably just raw from the sucking. If it gets worse then call the dr... your doing the right thing... :-) just fyi the longer she ***** on her thumb her teeth and pallet and possibly jaw line could form differently.
Always trust your motherly instinct hope this helps♥
****** my phone blows... lol
S u c k s the site is making it stars....