Toddler Behaviour
My Sisters son is a premature baby.Now he is 17 months old.he is cruising..but not walking?he is not speaking also.what should we do?
Hi,  how premature was your nephew?  It is not uncommon for premature babies to lag behind.  As far as not walking, he is heading in the right direction with cruising.  Speaking----  does he babble or gesture?  Those are important stages.  His mom should talk to his doctor about her concerns.  I'm sure they are charting his development.  Depending on where you live, there are all sorts of early intervention programs run by your city and state.  He isn't old enough yet for the school system programs but talk to your doctor about the head start/ help me grow programs that might be available.  Also, remember that a premature child's real age is what it would have been if he had stayed in the womb the right amount of time.  (if he was 1 month early, he is really 16 months old).  Good luck.
I agree, it depends on how premature the baby was.

Premies are evaluated up until age 2 or 3 for development & up until that time it is normal for those kids to "be behind" their chronological age.
i had my baby at 28 weeks and it is now 8 months old, dont know if a am just worrying to much on her development she can babble,and like to stand with me holding her, she on medication for reflux she can handle her rattles,  lye on her back like she doing sit ups, worrying that she can roll over,be able sit up, or even crawl she hates been put on her stomach she just starts crying,  anyone else know this normal or anyone elses baby doing the same ?