Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Todler and pets
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Todler and pets

i have a 2year, 7month old son. he is very intelligent, and we got him a little puppy, to be his friend. the babysitter phoned me, and told me that he was playing in his room, together with the pup, but the puppy is now dead? after i got home, straight after she phoned me, i found the pup, a ball and a cricket bat on the floor. i think he was playing, hitting the ball, and hitting the pup by accident. they have been friends for a week now, and he was playing so carefull with her. he is growing up with animals and know them. i can only guess what happend. Should i be worried?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
How heartbreaking.  But no, I would not be worried.  Small children can and do often play rough as they do not yet understand the concept of hurting someone else.  That is a lesson we teach them through reminding them and teaching them.  It is usually not a great idea to leave a child that age unsupervised, especially with another child or pet. I have a three year old, and prefer and encourage his play to be where I can see him.  So sorry for what happened to the animal.  So sad.
Blank
1222635_tn?1366399886
that is very sad. its natural that you would wonder that, i would to. but i agree, no. nothing to worry about. is he intentionally violent? if so, he needs to be taught how to be gentle through example. dont make an issue about the puppy, he wouldn't benefit. move on. maybe read him some books on playing with puppies or watch some child movies or shows with puppies. when he seems ready maybe you can try again with a new dog. good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank