Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Transistioning to pre-school

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Transistioning to pre-school

I started my 2 year old in pre-school at the begininngin of the year.  She has been in an at home daycare since she was 3 months old.  Every morning she throws herself down and cries and tells me No.  She tells me she wants to go home or to work with me.  She just started asking me to take her back to the other daycare.  She has regressed in her potty training (she was trained and now she is back in pull ups) and she has become more agressive and does not listen to directions as well.  However, when I go to pick her up she does not want to come home.   She tells me to leave and come back later.  I have tried talking to her about her feelings (she is very vocal and used her words well) I have tried coaxing her with gum/water (she loves water and gum) and I have tried ignoring the behavior all together.  It never changes and has in fact gotten worse.  The teachers tell me that she stops within 2 minutes after I leave.  She get a tissue, dries her eyes and tells them that she is ready to start the day.  Any advise?!?!?