Two year old masturbation
Our little two year old girl has a habit of using her blanket to masturbate??? I know this might be normal to some parents and to just leave her alone and she will grow out of it. What, are you kidding me? She is two and all she knows is that it feels good and soothing and helps her fall to sleep. And yes she does have an orgasm because she is very red in the face and breathing hard when she finishes. She can not fall asleep without her blanket and she can't go anywhere without her blanket. She is an only child. How do I discourage it to help her grow out of it now?  I read that some little girls do it at age 7 and older. We have tried to take her blanket away from her and she just cries bloody murder.  That blanket is her comfort source when we punish her or when we are not around.
She even does it at day care during nap time and one day the kids are going to notice and pick at her.  People say to let her be because that is her way of handling stress. By the way she started going to day care a few months ago and she has had a hard time adjusting. Is there anything as parents that we need to be doing at home to help her stop or discourage her from doing it in public?  At her age she doesn't understand "quiet time" or "alone time".  What should I be doing now!!!  
I'm sorry but I'll say the same thing what everyone else has been telling you.  She doesn't understand "this is not acceptable" yet.  My niece does the same thing and my sister's hating it but her dr told her to leave her alone and eventually she'll stop doing it.  
Has she ever seen anyone else doing this? I cant imagine my dd doing this or even doing it long enough to  have and "orgasim"
This is one of those questions that you may want to ask a professional.
I agree it is normal and i also agree you need to leave her alone. Shaming her for it is far more harmful in the long run. And lastly, I agree you should address this with the pediatrician, which I will assume will tell you again that this is normal and to be left alone. If she is doing it in the privacy of her own room and has not shown signs of being abused, I see no problem with it.
No, she has not seen anyone doing this.  We have talked with the dr and she just told us to leave her alone and she will eventually quit. The dr told us it was normal and three out of five children do this before age 5. I hope you don’t catch your dd doing this later because it is very strange for us to watch.
How old is your niece? I wonder at what age should we have a talk with her about privacy? I don't want her to do it at all and knowing she is doing it in her room doesn't make me feel better. I wish there was a quick solution.
I know it weirds you out - it would me too.  But it is normal, unfortunately for you.  Try not to stress about it.  It is wrong to associate the adult perception of sex and masterbation to what your two year old is doing (Someone else made that point on another question about this very subject).  So try not too because all she knows is it feels good.  

next time you catch her doing that in a more public place you need to stay calm and express to her that her private parts are private and it isn't appropriate to do that in public.  Use whatever terms she knows ie "pee pee" or whatever.  And say, although I know it's going to be hard to say - that if she wants to do that she has to go to a private place like her room.  You'd be surprised what a two year old can understand.  If you are calm about it and keep expressing that she will learn to do that in private.  And she will grow out of it.  Something will eventually interest her more.
Thanks so much. I do feel better after I have talked with the Dr.  Thanks for your input
I have a 2 year old daughter the rubs her bum on chairs or pushs on her seat belt and shopping carts . I try to stop her because I get embrassed . She does it when she is sitting or anywhere she can. I find it's more often than before. It started when I went back to work . It was just in her highchair and we laugh at first . But know it's done so often I don't know how to stop her. I have tried to get her attention off it ,but it doesn't last long . I just wonder how long this can last . Please send any incouraging words for us to deal with this.Thanks
I think the idea of not overreacting and not projecting adult ideas about childhood sexual behavior is key. Sexuality (i.e., sexual feelings, ideas, interests) is lifelong. It has even been seen on ultrasounds in utero. The advice that has been posted in the discussion is sound. Talk toy your child about private parts and touching in private place just as you might with nose picking in public. It is okay to calmly set limits on this behavior. People (of all ages) use touching as self soothing behavior. It is good to teach your child other ways of self soothing (e.g., calm breathing, listening to music, etc.). Although this may sound silly with a 2 year old, they grow into the more prosocial behavior with sexuality just as they do with other behaviors.
I started masterbating with a blinket when I was 3, I didnt what it was I just knew it felt so good. Except I had a sense that it was an embarrassing act, so I would stop whenever someone was near. I was only caught once when I was 9. I didn't grow out of it.. But I don't think this is a bad thing. Masterbating is actually healthy and, relieves stress. Also this didn't make like a ***** or prematurely sexually active. I still don't plan to have sex till I'm married.So it's perfectly fine, as long as you teach her to only do it in private.
My doctor says if you discourage it they will have the "bad" out look on it for the rest of her life...
im kinda the same, started doing that when i was around 3 ...my parents discouraged it and even punished me for it...the only thing that did was teach me to do it alone....i never grew out of it either and im 25