Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Two year old vomiting in the morning? and Diarrhea?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

So here the story. Thursday night my son woke up me up in the middle of the night and had vomitted all over the bed. Friday he get sick several times, but was able to keep down his dinner and did not get sick at night. Saturday he got sick in the morning twice and then once at dinner time. Sunday he got sick in the morning and wasn't sick the rest of the day, Yesterday he got sick in the morning and wasn't sick the rest of the day, and today he got sick in his bed this morning.  He's had diarrhea at night time when he normally would poop.  He has no fever and is acting perfectly fine and wanting to eat and drink. I've already had him off dairy all weekend and light foods when possible, but he wants to eat normal foods! He has lapse in coverage in his insurance so he isn't covered until next week. Is it worth taking him to a clinic when he's acting fine/ no fever? Has anyone experienced this and if so was it anything in particular? The nurse at his pediatricians said we may want to have him tested for strep throat as it can cause inconsistent vomiting, but it just doesn't seem to fit!

Help!!
Iagree strep throat and this kind of thowing up doesnt fit...Its always good to not give food only water when they are throwing up and have diarrhea.. main thing is that they dont get dehydrated.So if he is eating normal meals now the infection is being fed, so stop any food except some rice ..give him mostly fluids if it is really persisting defiatly take him to the Doc or an ER for meds if nothing ellse ... good luck in my opinion the feeding has been feeding the infection ...so it takes longer it could have been an e-coli episode