Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Vitamin: 1 Year Old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Vitamin: 1 Year Old

Is it appropriate to give my 1 year old a multivitamin?  
i was wondering the same thing...sometimes his diet is so finicky...i wanted to get that book, the one by seinfeld's wife....have you heard of it?  she puts veggies in kids stuff like..:)  
What kind can you give a one year old?
My dd has taken a multi vitamin since age 2. I think before than they recommend the vitamin drops if you feel they are not getting enough nutrition.
I asked DD's pediatrician if I should give her vitamins.  He told me that as long as she's eating a little bit of everything, she should be fine without the suppliments.  I don't know how comfortable I feel giving such a young child a multivitamin.
My physician called in a liquid vitamin with iron.  We thought it was best since he has been sick off and on for 5 weeks (ear infection, sinus infection, cold).  It coincided with his being taken off formula and going on whole milk.
my son will be 3 and we were told no vitamins until he is 5yrs old.
I was told age 2 by my docter. Each one differs, but i do know the bottle is recommend for 2 years on up.

donna- glad to hear you were able to get some of the drops. Sorry to hear your baby is sick, hope he gets better soon =)
our pediatrician recomended vitamin drops called Poly-Vi-Sol by Enfamil.  when he told me to get them my dd was not 2 yet, but i guess close enough (by a few months).  my mom said that she actually gave me and my sister those same vitamin drops when we were kids so they've been around for a long time and are trusted!
For babies, Poly-Vi-Sol from Enfamil tends to be the usual vitamin given. The bottle of vitamins will indicate the age they are appropriate for. I found that age 4 and up is what most bottles recommends. I found one today that is a chewable vitamin, not the gummy kind and it okay for 1 year old and older.