Weening of the Pacifier
My son is 2 and still has his "bubby"....he doesn't have it all day but really uses it to for comfort....I am 26 weeks pregnant and look for anything to calm him from his very active 2 year old behavior because I get so fatigued ...I also worry if I weened him now in Feb. when he sees baby sister with hers he will just get back on it anyway..Should I still get him off of it now or wait?and is it safe to wait?
I'm having the same problem, Im 29 weeks and my 2 year old loves his 'bink'. I decided it would be best not to give my daughter a binky when she is born so my son doesn't get attached once he is broken from it.
It really isn't an issue for a child to stil have a pacifier at 2.  If this were me, I would just let them be.  Best of luck
Great advice!!I won't stress it and try not to put my new baby girl on the "bubby" as much..unless she needs it lol
I also don't think it is a big deal.  However, I'd start making sure they have other security items---  teddies/blankies/special pillow.  So that when you do decide that the paci must go----  they have other comfort items left.  

lots of luck
Sounds good...he is attached to elmo LOL so hopefully when time comes we will be ok..thanks:-)
My son LOVED his paci and had a baby sister on the way. I struggled with the issue of taking it away and decided against it. He knew the difference between his and hers.
He only uses it for comfort which is for nap time and bed time. Shortly after he turned 2 I chopped the end off of his beloved paci and I broke his heart! I felt absolutely terrible. Then I noticed he would shove his thumb in his mouth. I'd rather a paci than the thumb so I bought him a new paci. The new one I bought is completely different than the one he loves so he's not as attached to it. He has gone the last few nights without his paci. However, he still needs it at nap time.
I think it beyond 3 is when it does things to their teeth. Just make sure he has the right size paci....
I agree definitely by three it has to be gone or on the way out LOL thanks