Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Worried grandma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Worried grandma

As early as my Granddaughter was able to sit in a high chair. She was always rubbing herself on the central bottom strap.
She is 2 now. But still continues with whatever and when ever.
A few months ago I had changed her nappy. As I was wiping her. She said ' Don't touch me there Grandma'  I was taken aback. I didn't say anything to her parents. But she never said it again.
Last week I had a birthday party. had a few my daughter and her husband, and a few of my friends there too for Halloween.
My Granddaughter kept lounging about with her legs wide open. You would suppose as children do.
Then she laid on the floor and said to one of my friends 'Play with my bottom' We were all shocked and embaressed.
My daughter and husband were not in the room. I haven't seen them since. But should I try to say something.
As I found this very disturbing. To have had this said this by a 2 yr old.                                                                                   Her brother is 5. Do you think they may have been playing?
I do have to admit. The nursery school she had just started. I did have my suspicions. Something just didn't seem quite right,
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
5914096_tn?1399922587
You need to bring this behavior to the attention of the parents ASAP to figure out what is happening.
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
The child masturbation part is super common and very very normal.  It's not sexual, but it feels good and they figure that out quickly. Many kids do this.

The comments however are a bit disturbing.  I would agree, talk to her parents and make them aware.
Blank
Thank you for your input.
I just have to broach the subject very carefully.
Know I must.

Regards
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949