Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Wrong?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Wrong?

I had my son just after i was 16 so every one seems to find they need to give me a hard time. I guess what im asking here is for a little reassurance that im doing things right. So a few weeks ago my son (hes 4 now) was at his dads. His dad and his gf got in a very physical fight and i had to get my son from the police. I decided to let his dad know that he was not to have his son over night any more and if he wanted to see him it needed to be during the day and his gf was not to be there. The following weekend he showed up with the police to get our son because it was court ordered time. The police had no care of what happened the previous weekend until it was court ordered that he couldnt have him. After going to talk to child services and the court house they informed me there was nothing they could do till i could get into court again. They "earliest" date the could give me was three months from now. Is it wrong of me to think this is completely unacceptable and unsafe for my son? I know no one never physically hurt my child but it doesnt seem right
I would not let him go back
I think you need to get a good lawyer, like right now.  They can move mountains; get a special order from the judge, etc.  You should not have to wait so long if he was arrested.  Failing that, go see a judge yourself if you can.  But a lawyer in the family law arena can fix this in a day.

I am sorry you're in this position.  Police, a child with someone who gets into physical fights with his girlfriend, and so on.  You'll be fighting this fight and other versions of it until the child is 18.  
I cannot afford an amazing layer but im sure that would do the trick. Our "legal aid" is alberta family justice services and that is the soonest they can help. But on a good note his dad just never showed up this weekend :)
Keep records of everything that has happened since you had to pick up your child from the police, including his showing up with the police to force the visit, and this weekend his failing to appear.  You'll need them.
When me and my husband were seperated, he tried to keep her from me, and I took the cops with me to get her, and my husband told me no. The cops said he couldn't force him to give her to me if he said no, that he would just put it in a report that he denied giving her to me. Are you in a position where you could just say no
No im not :( the first time we had court we agreed to having police assistance if ever needed. At the time i thought it would be benificial just incase he wouldnt give him back. But it works both ways i guess.