Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
a friends is asking me such a question i have no clue what the answer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

wht shows up on a drug screening if you take vyvanse
I'm sorry, but I have never heard of this drug.  And I work with addicts and thought I knew them all.  Can you give me some info?  Also, why is she trying to fool a drug screen.  If she is addicted to something, then the best advice you could give her is to get help.  If she is pregnant and addicted, then she absolutely needs to be talking to her Dr.  The worst thing she could do is quit cold turkey.  I would love to help and probably can point you in the right direction (not to fool a drug test, but how to best truly help her), but need more info.  
Ok, so I googled it and this drug is to treat adhd.  Why does your friend want to beat a drug screen?  This is a prescribed medication for a real illness. I'm sorry, I don't know how to answer your question.
wolfchristina,  the drug will show up as "amphetimines".  If your friend has an Rx for that med,  and is worried they will have to disclose they have ADD to a potential employer,  I think the testing facility protects them from that.  

If your friend is on probation and doesn't have an Rx for that med,  they're kind of out of luck.  I don't know how long it takes to clear the system,  but it's not like a 2 day thing.

For the life of me,  I can't imagine why this drug and adderal aren't offered over the counter.  They greatly improve ability to focus and concentrate,  and would be a fabulous benefit to our society - IMHO.  Why in the world do we want to keep drugs that make people more focused and smart out of the hands of the public,  while  alcohol is perfectly legal?  Makes zero sense.
Rockrose, those drugs only work as speed if someone does not have add/adhd.  

It would be so very dangerous for those drugs to be over the counter.  Many an addict crushes and snorts them.  How many kids would get involved in this if they could pick it up at the convenience store on the corner.  Ugh.  
Really?  This drug is crushed and snorted?  Like I said, I thought I knew them all, but nope, not this one.  I agree, if it is abused it should not be otc.  

If it is used legitimately, then it seems to me your friend shouldn't have to worry. If not, then the best advice you could give your friend is to seek help.  There are a multitude of annonymous resources out there for her.
specialmom,  I really think that's a misconception,  and I've heard it too.  That if you don't have ADHD,  the Adderal won't help you concentrate.

The top kids in our high school - in the IB program - are well known for buying them from kids who have ADHD.  They take them to study for a major test,  and then take one before the test.  

The difference in their ability to study for long periods of time is incredible.  Adderal makes the topic - any topic - interesting,  for some reason.  The ability you have to focus and study a topic that seems interesting to you is SO much better than a topic that bores you.

Since addicts are crushing them and snorting them anyway,  I really fully believe they should be purchased over the counter.  But then I believe marijuana should be sold like tobacco.  ;D
       Oh, the drugs really do help you study with or with out ADHD.  Back when I was in College we could get these tiny red pills from Tijuana that were pure amphetamines. (Same thing airforce pilots use to stay awake on long flights)  You could stay up all night and study.  You felt great.  I did that once for two nights straight and had no clue what I wrote on the test the next day (which I failed).   But thats the problem with them.  It can make you feel really good.  I knew football players that took it before a game because it made them feel invincible.    Some times they were so jacked up, they ignored important pain signals and they also tended to get a lot of penalties called on them.  The problem is once you get started and if you like the feeling - it can be very addicting.  Its much like meth in that aspect.   Its was common to have them in diet pills - worked great!  But a lot of people wound up having some serious addiction problems.  And, of course, your body gets used to it so you keep having to take more and more.
    Point being it really is a substance that needs to be regulated.  It can be dangerous, and there are other better ways to study (as I found out).
    Now MJ is a whole different thing - and being a child of the  60's have some feelings about it.  Which I am not going to share here.
   By the way, I recently saw it takes almost two weeks of non use for the drug not to be detected by a drug test.