Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
at wits end

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

at wits end

I'm hoping someone out there had been thru a similar situation and can offer some insight. My 4 yr old daughter had started started having, what looks like, panic attacks. Her breathing becomes shallow, heart rare picks up, goes pale, shakes, sometimes she yells or screams. They typically last up to a min. But happen several times a day. I've been keeping a journal and can not find any kind of trigger or pattern. Has anybody seen this or dealt with it personally? We are waiting on my husbands insurance to come into affect, hopefully within the next week or so, so we can take her to the dr. in the meantime, is there anything we can do?
Unfortunately there are no Dr's on this forum.  I am also not a medical professional, but I can tell you that if this were my daughter, I would have her seen immediately.  Are there any free clinics, or even the emergency room where she can be seen?  The first thing that popped into my head when I read this was a seizure.  My mother is a Grand Mal epileptic, and this is similar to what she would do when having one, although in her case she would not be aware of what had happened afterward.  I'm sorry, I do not mean to panic or worry you, it is absolutely possible that I am way off here.  But if this is happening regularly, and several times a day, I would look for an alternative while waiting for the insurance.  I really think she should be seen.  All the best to you.
Could be a form of seizure of a simple fit.  Video tape it and take that with you.  good luck
In most states you can get free or cheap insurance for children very quickly. I would not wait to bring her in. Sometimes state insurance will provide coverage for previous services.
I meant seizure OR simple fit.  sorry for the typo.  Let us know how she is doing