Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
baby eye red
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

baby eye red

hi, one of my daughter's eye is red and watering . What could be the reason i have seen this for the first time .She is 7months old what should i do can anyone help me with this plz.

thanks
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
470885_tn?1326332637
It could be pink eye.  They sell antibiotic eye drops over the counter (called Polysporin here in Canada) that work wonders.  Or you could check with your doctor, just to be sure that this is really what is causing the symptoms you've described.  If it is pink eye, it's highly contagious and she should be kept away from other children as much as possible until the symptoms have subsided.
Blank
470885_tn?1326332637
I just wanted to add.....

I don't know how old your daughter is, but I've used the drops on my youngest sons's eyes when he was a newborn - upon the advice of my GP.  As always, you should consult your physician if you're unsure.
Blank
1035252_tn?1371343440
I agree with Limonada. Until you contact your daughter's pediatrician and make sure he's OK with the drops, you can go to the store and buy sterile saline drops (salt water). they sting a little but if you put a few drops in the affected eye it helps start the healing process. my daughter (who was about 14 months at the time) and I both had a REALLY bad case of pinkeye and we used saline drops overnight and the next day the pinkeye was completely gone. I've had pinkeye several times (many times in high school because I was on the swim team) and it always took like a week to clear up...but the saline cleared it right up and it's safe...salt is a natural antibacterial/antibiotic.
Blank
1280088_tn?1335916468
thanks a lot for your time to answer me . I am going to take an appointment  for my daughter .
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...