baby girl afraid of chucky
I have a 5 year old daughter who is deathly afraid of chucky. She refuses to go to the bathroom by herself, she wont go into her room by herself.She wont sleep in her room by herself, and if she does sleep in her room her mother or I have to lay in bed with her until she falls asleep whitch can take hours some times. We read her books at night try to do the relaxing thing buit nothuing we have tried is working to get rid of this fear and she has never even watched the movie. We have tried to explain to her its a movie just like spongebob or men in black or any thing else on tv but it doesnt help. how do we help over come this fear. PLEASE help.
Perhaps I am misunderstanding your post .... you say she has not seen the movie then you say you have told her its a movie like sponge bob??I think someone is frightening this child ...why would you want her to get over seeing or anything about really scarie movies children should not be watching .......
It's a phase, all it takes is one scary commercial to start these things.  Just continue to reassure her, it will pass at some point.  Also, I recommend not letting your 5yr old see any movies above a rating of G.