Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
bottles
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bottles

My daughter is 14 months. When is it the right time to wing her off her bottles to sippy cups?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I think you should start now.  I would imagine your daughter is earting primarily solids, right?  When she is eating her solids, giver her a sippy cup.  Is she still on formula, or do you give her milk in her bottles?  Whatever is in her bottle, give it to her in her sippy cup at meal time so that she gets used to getting it in this manner.  Then at bed time (this seemed to be when I had the hardest time with the sippy), introduce the sippy at that time.  It won't be so strange to her because she is used to drinking the same beverage in that cup at meal time.  Gerber makes great transition cups for this.  Good luck!
Blank
377012_tn?1283969035
my lil boy was 9 1/2 months when he started  throwing his bottle out the door and in the garbage.....but i let him keep taking a bottle until he finally threw it away without asking for again...he was 11 months,
but the pacifier is another story...he is 18 months now and has been throwing his passie awway as well....he no longer takes it through the day, only at bed time so hopefully he will do the same as he did with his bottle!!!
Blank
154929_tn?1196191338
When both of my guys turned one we took the bottle away--at that point they were only using it for bedtime feeding--they were pretty much using the sippy cup without a problem....I started there sippy cups while they sat in the high chair at first just water and then onto more liquids at every feeding and in between.  They are older now but I will still use their sippy cups on trips for less spills--when they were the 1 yr to two yr old I kept their sippy cups full of both juice and milk and water--so I would have six in thefridge at any one time...that way they could just choose what they wanted to drink and they could get it at any time (when they figured out how to open fridge)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...