Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
c-diff?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

c-diff?

A friend of mine has a two daughter,  3-5 both active playfull great kids, she has been divorced about 1 yr. The 5yr is now having episoded of vomitting no specific time of day, no frequency sometimes days apart, afebrile no underlying cause....Is now being treated for ear infection and has had some loose stools but no mucus no dicoloration which may indicate c-diff....( why not change the antibiotic) pediatrician wants to place on flagyl po while waiting on the results of the stool speceimen...
Im a RN of 20 yrs.and dont care for the antibiotic theory of dosing a child prior to knowing the cause and may beleive that this maybe a psychological effect of the divorce....Please,tell me I am completely wrong about the later.
Thanks