Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
c-diff?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

c-diff?

A friend of mine has a two daughter,  3-5 both active playfull great kids, she has been divorced about 1 yr. The 5yr is now having episoded of vomitting no specific time of day, no frequency sometimes days apart, afebrile no underlying cause....Is now being treated for ear infection and has had some loose stools but no mucus no dicoloration which may indicate c-diff....( why not change the antibiotic) pediatrician wants to place on flagyl po while waiting on the results of the stool speceimen...
Im a RN of 20 yrs.and dont care for the antibiotic theory of dosing a child prior to knowing the cause and may beleive that this maybe a psychological effect of the divorce....Please,tell me I am completely wrong about the later.
this is the layperson forums. The Dr forums may be very helpful for you.
It's my understanding flagyl is for overgrowth/yeast which may be in the gut/ since she has had antibiotics it makes a little sense.....and I can see where the doctor may think this way- maybe I am wrong......

I can also see where it could be anxiety related. Is she eating and sleeping well?

I wonder if a bit overweight is it maybe GERD?

Good luck to you and your friend- She is lucky to have you