Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
cant cope

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

cant cope

My four year old boy has a big problem with anger and agression i dont know how to cope with him anymore he kicks bites punchs and today he had his weekly visit with his dad and his dad sent him home after an hour due to my son spitting in his dads face and kicking and punching him.
I have been on a parenting course and tried everything they suggested but nothing works i ground him send him to his room.no tv send him to the naughty step ignore him but nothing affects his behaviour it just makes him worse.
he used to go horseriding as his weekly treat if he had been good (as in better than normal) but i had to stop this because of the way he acted at the stables.
its so embaressing when he has a tantrum i refuse to take him shopping.
iv been to the DR with him and they say he doesnt have ADHD because he behaves in school.
He went to stay the weekend with his paternal grandmothers house and his aunt has just had a baby and he threw a shoe at the baby telling his aunt he hopes the baby dies and the same day he threw a metel toy car at his great grandma's face and bruised her.
myself and my mom are both bruised and have halfmoon cresents on our arms and legs where he has bitten us.
im so sick of the struggle between us and i get the blame for him misbehaving and being told cant you control him??
so im hoping maybe someone here could give me some advice or help into managing this.
thank you
You have been to the doctor, have you been to a therapist that specializes in children?  He really is acting out, and that isn't normal for a child who has a normal life.  (You are certain he isn't being physically harmed, aren't you?)  

When you ask him why he does all of this, what does he say?