Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
challenging
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

challenging

I have a 4 year old girl who has really been through a lot, bouncing back and fourth between myself and her dad's (which has ended now) Now she is living with me and has been with me for 2 1/2 months. She has experienced absolutely no discipline until she moved back to me. Now I give her time outs and explain her bad behavior, I reward her for her good behavior, I take away privileges when she is extremely bad. Today was not a good day, actually the worst since she has moved here and I am just wondering if maybe I am not giving her enough attention, or maybe she misses her home she was living at before or what ? Am I punishing her correctly because the time outs don't seem to be as effective anymore? please lead me to some insight so I can help her be as well adjusted as possible.