Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
for my 4 year old
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

for my 4 year old

My daughter is 4 yrs 2 months old. She started going to a convent from april this yr priuo to which she was in a preschool in Florida and after that in a preparatory school in India. Initially she loved the school and would be eager to go and wait for the pool car to arrive; however after almost over a month now, since last 2-3 days she has suddenly become reluctant. She wants me to drop her and pick her up (which is not possible as I am a full time scientist) as there are other children whose moms go regularly. During her first week her teacher had called me to complain about her disturbing other girls and not sitting still in one place. But  after a couple of weeks when I met her again, she said that the girl was doing much better....sitting in a place and doing her assigned tasks. Now she confesses that she has been naughty again and that her teacher has said that she'd be kept back in school. But she is crying like anything and refuses to go at all. What should I do? is it possible that she knows she has been naughty and that why doesn't want to go? or is it that shje misses me and is expressing it this way? Then why was everything normal all this while? I am at a loss. incidentally we stay with my in-laws and she stay swith her grandparents while I am away at office.