fussy 21 month old
My son is 21 months old and hes always crying and screaming over little things when he dont get his way. or he cant get a toy to do what he wants it to and then i try but i cant seem to do it the way he wants it and he throws it and takes a fit. he will be playing quietly and i will try to watch some tv or go on the computer to check e-mail as soon as i try to he will start crying because my attention is no longer one him. i have been trying time outs but they just dont seem to work but he will sit there and scream his lil head off till he gets his way one time it was over an hour i cant stand to see him like this i was wondering if anyone had some tips on what i could try.
Do you give him quality playing time and take him out parks, walking make sure hes not bored, when he has these issues dont feed into to them, if you react it will escallate ,so when he starts to yell or cry ,walk away and not speak go about your business, take any throwing toys away altogther till he gets out of that or one of you will get a black eye,No time outs for this he is crying for attention he hasnt done anything wrong has he, so simply ignore the behavior he will learn that yelling doesnt get him anywhere. Good luck