Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
help, unwell nearly 3 year old :(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

help, unwell nearly 3 year old :(

My 2 year 11 month old daughter has been unwell for 5 days and I'm at my wits end. She was ill with a "chest infection" on Wednesday. Was given a 5 day dose of antibiotics and told to alternate calpol and nurofen to keep temp down. Thursday she was admitted to hospital for a few hours with a temp of 39.7 and retractions and a heart rate of 155. She has finished antibiotics today but still having to give calpol/nurofen for spiking temperatures. Doctor told me to stop giving nurofen as  been taking it for too long, to give 4 dosesof calpol max a day and to start a new course of antibiotics. She notemp of 39.5, can't take any more meds, so swhat can I do now?
Just now came to this forum and read this. Hope she is doing better.