Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

help

i am trying to potty train my two year old son but he will not use the potty for nothin can any give me some tips that will help
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
902589_tn?1268152453
He may just not be ready. I would wait a month and then maybe try again. Maybe you can get some books for him so he can start an interest in it, or let him see you and daddy using the potty.
Blank
I started potty training for my daughter when she was 1.2 years old. It took me weeks to get her just to sit on it. I got the one which attaches itself to the pot (its easier when they go out, else you will have to carry their potty around). It takes some time initially. You could try leaving him around the house without diapers, and then when he pees, show him where hes supposed to do it, by taking him to the pot. In a couple of tries, he will understand. I also make a ssshhh sound when i put her on the pot and it helps my daughter pee.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...