Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
how to transition my4yr old to the big potty??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Well let me say Im thrilled my son us potty trained as at around almost 3I started my1st attempt at potty training which was wrecked by my husband&Mil who said he was too young.Was sabotaged2more times n the yr proceeding w/them saying he was too young/not ready(they where wrong but I gave up)well b4I knew it my boys turning4&still n pull ups,clearly knows whwn he has to go,tells me but refuses the potty cause he heard these two say he wasnt ready so much.FINALLY everyone got on the potty training band wagon and it was so easy cause he was so big.Well from the2nd day n big boy underwear hes perfect(we  took him out w/o a pull up the 2nd day).So relieved cause hes doing wonderful and was far too smart not too b potty trained but they didnt want him to grow up lol.Well hes so comfy sitting on the little potty but he is going a lot and honestly its gross to have to clean it cause well hes big.Whats the easiest way to transition him to a regular potty??PLEASE HELP.
They have things that they sell at walmart or anywhere that they carry baby supplies, they set right on a regular toilet seat and are infant sized toilet seat covers so it's still the same size toilet seat they're used to, just on the bigger potty. That and a stool is what I used to transition my son. Since yours is doing so well potty training I'm sure he'll do fine transitioning. My son used that for about 5-6 months and is now sitting right on the potty with no seat cover! Good luck!! :)
My daughter will be 3 next month and has been potty trained on the regular toilet for about 4 months. She has a stool in the bathroom that she thinks is fun to move in front of the toilet and get up there. Teach him by telling him to go on the toilet and that the little one is "for babies" and he's a big boy and keep praising him