Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
infant lips turn purple for no reason
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

infant lips turn purple for no reason

My sons lips have been turning purple for no reason, he seems fine, not having any problems breathing or seeming like he is in distress. His lips only do it every once in a while and it last probably 10 mins to 15 mins.  If anyone knows why this would happen please let me know.  Thank you.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Is he cold? If not he needs to see a Dr. Lips turning purple can only be from being cold or not getting enough oxygen.
Blank
I am struggling with this issue myself right now with my 19 month ould daughter.  She acts completly fine, yet her lips turn purple, for 10 minutes up to a couple hours.  I took her to the doctor today and they are sending her for test tomorrow at the hospital.  They are concerned about her heart, and red blood cells.  

Please don't just let this go, it CAN be major.  That is why I am not taking any chances and want these tests done!!!  I wish you lots of luck....
Blank
Does anyone have any answers to why they are turning purple for short periods of time?  It's been happening to my daughter aswell.

Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
A child who's lips are turning blue or purple should be immediately seen by a Dr.  It can potentially mean a lack of oxygen, and in my  mind should not be ignored.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...