Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
issues on nudity
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

issues on nudity

I have a three year old girl and a year old boy. We live on a small apartment with one bathroom. My husband and I have always been comfortable with some degree of nudity (we sleep naked, and before the children came, we've occasionally camped and swam naked in a lake). The children have seen us naked when we bathe them, and on a couple of occasions my daughter has come to our bedroom at night (we obviously lock during an intimate situation). We want to raise them without prejudice against nudity of this nature, but we are not sure of how to handle it when they are older ( such as when they start pre-school and school). Any suggestions?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
My son is in preschool (he's 4) and sees both myself and my husband naked at random times in a matter-of-fact way with nothing sexual about it, like after a shower or when getting dressed.  *He* certainly doesn't act like he thinks it's worthy of much attention, though he does know one doesn't go to the store without the proper clothes on.  (He is about as interested in the fact that you don't go to the store in your pajamas as he is in the fact that you don't go out in public naked).  He doesn't act like he takes nudity as having anything sexual about it (after all, he's 4.  Besides, even grown-up kids never think of their parents as having any sexuality.  LOL)  I think he'll probably clue us by shutting the door and bathing alone when he gets a bit older, and that's when we'll be careful not to embarrass him by being casual about nakedness.  
Blank
535822_tn?1417529476
It will take care of its self as children do want privacy as they get older I dont think your nudity matters, they will grow up knowing the human body is wonderful and there is nothing to hide, in private ,dont make a meal of it, but just treat is as natural which is what it is . .
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank